Everyday Roses: Little Flower Spirituality for a Life in the Weeds
I am a recovering control freak, a woman with an anxiety disorder, a wife and mother learning how to balance … everything. I long for a contemplative life but don’t know how to sit in silence. I yearn to hear God’s voice but struggle to listen. I want to pray without ceasing but forget to make my life an offering. I desire to surrender everything to Jesus but don’t always trust him. I pledge to follow St. Thérèse’s Little Way of “everyday roses” but find myself living a life in the weeds.
After a decade working in philanthropy and digital media, I left the full-time workplace in 2021 to be a work-at-home mom. I serve as co-president and editor-in-chief of Catholic Women in Business and freelance as an editor and writer. In my free time, I love sitting down with a good book and a cup of Earl Grey tea, playing the piano, and taking walks in the sunshine with my family. My favorite saints are Sts. Joseph, Zélie, Thérèse, Teresa of Calcutta, and Teresa Benedicta (Edith Stein).
“Though we speak much we cannot reach the end, and the sum of our words is: ‘He is the all'” (Sirach 43:27).
Follow me on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Subscribe to my email newsletter, and receive a free downloadable reading list of book recommendations for female Catholic business leaders Every week, I share my own writing, content I’ve enjoyed, and books I’ve read and liked (both on my own and with my daughter).
You can read some of my work at:
- Catholic Women in Business
- Natural Womanhood
- Radiant Magazine
- Live Today Well Co.
- Catholic Exchange
- Catholic Professionals
- Co-author, “Developing Women Leaders in Business: Research Insights and Best Practices” (in “Global Perspectives on Women’s Leadership and Gender (In)Equality,” Palgrave MacMillan, 2020).
- Contributor, Well-Read Mom Summer 2022 magazine (“Magnanimous Despair: Learning to Suffer with Jayber Crow“
- Editor, Chews Life’s 28-day rosary challenge book
You can hear me on these podcasts and radio shows:
- Charting Toward Intimacy, July 2022
- Archangel Radio, April 2022 (about 45 minutes in)
- The Intersect, March 2022 (“Life Before, During & After Birth Control”)
- Voice America, Innovating Leadership, September 2020 (“Research Findings on Women’s Access to Leadership Development”)
I also speak at virtual and in-person events, including:
- The Possibility Mom Business Summit, September 2021 and August 2022
- Tech Up for Women, November 2018
- DisruptHR, September 2018